He's got the revolting part right!!!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Moonbat Runs For Parliament




Now check this out, the piece of shit, who wrote the piece of shit to follow, is the federal Green party candidate running for parliament in British Columbia's Vancouver-Kingsway ridding. Mr. Kevin Potvin, the author of this crap, was forced to apologize after "parts" of this "column" were reproduced in the media, according to CBCnews. Now get this apology :

"I apologize for the way my essay five years ago has been characterized in the media. Some sentences, out of their context, may appear insensitive,"

Appear insensitive? No Mr. Potvin they don't "appear insensitive" they are insensitive, but not only are they "insensitive" they're moronic. Not only are you a moron, but you think all of us that have been, or would be offended, are morons as well. Because that Mr. Potvin is what is known as a non-apology, apology. You think it isn't noticed that you didn't apologize for what you wrote, but instead chose to apologize for how it' been portrayed out of context? Stuff your so called apology asshole. I especially liked the bit of his "essay" at the very end, besides it just being the end of a piece of shit column:

"This is not a war against terrorism. It is a war against unbridled corporatism and militarism. And I'm not sure which side my heart is on."

Unbridled corporatism? What sort of idiotic bull shit is that? Just exactly how much of an out of touch moonbat do you have to be nowadays to be considered too stark raving drool running down the chin mad, to actually be considered too far gone into Bizzaro world to hold public office in Canada? That this clown could even be considered is a sign that not all is well and good up in the Great White North. I've reproduced his moronic screed below so that we may all read it in context, and revel in the brilliance that is his intellect. (sarcasm)




A revolting confession

by Kevin Potvin
The Republic

towers

This and the article following it were originally written in October of 2001, five weeks after the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. It seemed prudent at that time to stuff it in the back of the drawer for when things lightened up again. But it seems that's not going to happen.

I have a terrible confession to make. When I saw the first tower cascade down into that enormous plume of dust and paper, there was a little voice inside me that said, "Yeah!" When the second tower came down the same way, that little voice said, "Beautiful!" When the visage of the Pentagon appeared on the TV with a gaping and smoking hole in its side, that little voice had nearly taken me over, and I felt an urge to pump my fist in the air.

This is a revolting confession, I know. But it's what happened.

I know lots of people were killed. But then again, I see lots of people getting killed whenever I turn the TV news on, and frankly, it doesn't really get me anymore. Plenty more people are killed without my knowledge. A million Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days a few years ago. That's a rate of six whole World Trade Center tower catastrophes every day for over three straight months running--and the whole thing barely registered on my radar.

Let's face facts. If the news on the morning of September 11 was that 3,000 Tanzanians or Burmese had been killed, they wouldn't have broken in on regularly scheduled programming, or cancelled football games, and there'd be no conversation about it the next day. No one would say the world changed. It's been a long time since lots of people getting killed is, in itself, news, and we all know this, and we all live comfortably with it.

The fact it was Americans who got killed is also not the reason this event gets so much play. As many Americans die from murder in any month as died on September 11, and hardly anyone notices this either, or cares.

The only reason September 11 merits so much attention is because the targets were so supremely symbolic. Corporatism and militarism were struck that morning, and that's why it's such big news. New York is not just home to American corporate headquarters, it is home to global corporate headquarters. It is the centre of global corporatism, and the twin towers were constructed precisely to celebrate this very fact.

The Pentagon is likewise not just home to the American military. The American military is so overwhelmingly dominant in the world, with a reach giving it ultimate power in every corner of the planet, that the Pentagon is really the home of the global military. The US supplies so much of the world's arms and commands so much of the world's force, either directly or through proxies in every nation on the planet, that the Pentagon is, to put it plainly, militarism itself.

I recognized these facts on that fateful day and so did a lot of other people, and I know I wasn't alone when I heard that little voice inside me say, "Yeah, beautiful!"

Nor was I alone, I know for a fact, whenever I passed a TV or newspaper with a report on the ensuing US war to capture Osama bin Laden, and I secretly said to myself, "Go, Osama, Go!" I am happy he has eluded capture by the Americans. I am in love with those Afghans who, whenever asked, said, "He went that-a-way," and their fifty hands pointed in fifty different directions.

There is a war on. US President Bush and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld call it "a war on terrorism." But is war not terrifying? And is terrorism not war, waged by those who can't afford tanks and airplanes? If someone wanted to wage war on the US, with all its satellites and drone bombers and smart missiles, what other form could it possibly take besides terrorism? To call it "a war on terrorism" is like calling it a war on war–surely an absurdity.

This is not a war against terrorism. It is a war against unbridled corporatism and militarism. And I'm not sure which side my heart is on.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Someone get me a barf bag, I'm gonna toss my cookies after reading Mr. Potvin's brilliant prose. (more sarcasm)

Powered by ScribeFire.


0 Responses to “He's got the revolting part right!!!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us